LEAD CLINICIAN oes (Online Emotional support) - Full time - INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The OES Lead Crisis Clinician is responsible for expertise, leadership, and support in OES program call center endeavors including but not limited to Chat and Text Services, as well as regular Crisis Clinician responsibilities in the handling of RMCP calls and electronic messaging services. This requires the ability to assist Call Center Management staff in the training, implementation, quality assurance, and daily operations of the OES program.
oes Leadership, Quality Assurance, and Call Center Collaboration
- Participate in developing policies and procedures for OES that are in line with RMCP’s policies and procedures and maintain appropriate ethics and compliance
- Participate in any implementation or operation management activities related to OES; including collaboration for the training of staff
- Serve as the Call Center expert of OES and provide in-the-moment support to crisis line clinicians and peer specialists on applicable matters
- Assist in monitoring crisis clinician calls and/or messages for quality assurance of OES.
- Participate in program evaluation and research activities pertaining to OES.
- Collaborate with Clinical Management staff to ensure that staffing models and recruiting activities speak to OES
- Consult with the VP of Clinical Operations as-needed regarding clinical and personnel issues.
- Provide feedback to Crisis Line Supervisor relevant for the completion of periodic and annual performance evaluations for Crisis Line Clinicians.
- Maintain appropriate professional confidences.
- Maintain systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and evaluation.
- Represent RMCP appropriately and ethically within the community and in interactions with external professional contacts
LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY, DECISION-MAKING AND JUDGMENT
All Triage Specialists are required to exercise some degree of independent judgment within the bounds of professional ethics, organizational policies and procedures, and community standards of care. Triage Specialists are accountable to the Crisis Line Supervisor(s) and the Clinical Director. It is critical that employees demonstrate a strong ability to quickly learn operational and clinical protocols, be proactive in maintaining such knowledge, and perform in a highly independent manner in performing tasks that are required of them.
dIRECT SERVICE TASKS
- Handle Clinician calls alongside Clinician staff - Demonstrate superlative abilities in all performance areas expected of Crisis Clinicians
- Support a positive and effective working environment, representing the organization in a positive way internally and externally.
- Participate in individual/group supervisions and attend internal trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS: TRAINING, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners is strongly committed to maintaining a diverse multicultural staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including applicants who may self-identify as having experienced symptoms of mental illness or substance abuse.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent non-U.S. degree) in psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, professional counseling, or related fields.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in OES for this Lead Crisis Clinician position
- Training and at least three years experience in clinical assessment, crisis intervention, treatment planning and treatment using a variety of methods.
- Training and experience in providing mental health related educational material to mental health professionals.
- Demonstrated experience in direct supervision and management of mental health professionals.
- Ability to exercise excellent independent clinical judgment with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and familiarity with computer use.
- Comprehensive knowledge of substance abuse, mental health, and recovery issues and principles.
- Eagerness for professional and personal growth opportunities.
Preferred candidates will possess one or more of these attributes:
- Prior experience in project management
- Licensed as an LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or Psychologist in the State of Colorado.
- Knowledge of and experience in the mental health and substance abuse treatment systems in Colorado.
- Knowledge of and experience in RMCP clinical and operational protocols.
- Credentials as a CAC or LAC.
- Post-master’s degree experience in providing emergency mental health services.
- Bilingual skills
- Cultural competence in working with people various descent, impairment, and demographic populations.
These positions require the ability to engage in phone conversations and internal meetings. Incumbents must be able to sit for extended periods and have the ability to move about the office by walking or with adaptive equipment. Fine motor skills are required to operate computers, telephones, and other standard office equipment.
Incumbents must have the cognitive ability to correctly interpret speech and written materials in English, use simple arithmetic, create and use keywords to conduct successful web-based searches.
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners is committed to providing an accessible workplace. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request.
ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is conducted in a secure office setting. Crisis intervention work may produce stress. Training, professional supervision, and support is provided to help mitigate these effects.
The Call Center operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners will make reasonable efforts to provide staff members with a stable, predictable individual work schedule in accord with individual preferences. All RMCP staff will be required to work outside of daytime business hours, on occasion, including weekends, overnights, and holidays. Flexible and overnight schedules are desirable.
Finalists for these positions may be required to provide date of birth, and Social Security numbers prior to employment for the purpose of background and criminal record checks. Any offers of employment are contingent on successful background and record checks.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PRINCIPLES OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Advancement opportunities and employment decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, color, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local laws. MCS is committed to making employment decisions based on valid job-related requirements.
APPLY ONLINE ONLY
To be considered for this position, click here.
Please do not phone or send application materials by U.S. Mail.