ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
First Level: CEO
Second Level: Adminstrative Services Director
Second Level: This Position
Location of job
This position will reside in the Metro Denver Area of Colorado.
LEVEL OF ACCOUNTABILITY, DECISION MAKING, AND JUDGEMENT
This position is accountable to the Administrative Services Director, the CEO, and other members of the management team and makes decisions in matters that have been delegated to him or her. The Administrative Services Assistant operates within the direction of the Administrative Services Director and within the bounds of business ethics and organizational policies and procedures.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Administrative Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the Administrative Services Director in the organization, management and upkeep of a wide variety of HR, accounting, and data tasks on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities that are primarily administrative, however will have the opportunity to grow their skills in various data analysis, HR generalist, and accounting functions. Due to the sensitive nature of HR and financial documents this position will encounter, it requires the utmost responsibility for upholding the integrity, confidence, and privacy of organizational and employee-related matters.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain new hire packets and conducts administrative functions involved with onboarding and offboarding employees (e.g. required paperwork)
- Assist in maintaining the schedule and upkeep of employee performance evaluation system
- Post job openings and assist with candidate tracking activities
- Assist in administrative functions involved with employee pre-hire activities
- Maintains HR filing systems
- Perform other HR-related duties as assigned and as needed
- Assist in receipt and review of vendor invoices, prepare for approval/coding/printing, record and file accounts payable details
- Assist in collection and deposit of funds received
- Maintain supplies for accounting functions (e.g., checks, deposit tickets)
- Assist with tracking and reporting of individual donations and grant funds
- Assist in running data statistics generated by the RMCP phone system and caller database software
- Assist in presentation of data statistics for internal and external reporting
- Assist in maintenance of associated tracking sheets for historical data statistics
- Assist in general day-to-day office up-keep tasks as requested and able
- Assist in general administrative and operational projects as requested and able
- Bachelor’s degree (or combination of education, experience, and training that prepares the candidate to fulfill the responsibilities of this job)
- One year’s experience in an HR, accounting, and/or general business field of practice
- Awareness of or experience with standard business practices
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, business ethics, and respect for employees’ privacy in regard to sensitive and private personnel matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for internal and external purposes
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including fluency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with web-based tools and searches
This position is a part time position requiring physical presence in the office or other assigned locations 20-25 hours per week.
These positions require the ability to engage in personal and phone conversations; and internal and external meetings. Incumbents must be able to sit for extended periods and have the ability to move about the office by walking or with adaptive equipment. Fine motor skills are required to operate computers, telephones, and other standard office equipment. Incumbents must have the cognitive ability to correctly interpret speech and written materials in English, use simple arithmetic, and create and use keywords to conduct successful Web-based searches. RMCP is committed to providing an accessible workplace. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request.
Finalists for these positions may be required to provide date of birth and Social Security prior to employment for the purpose of background and criminal record checks. Any offers of employment are contingent on successful background and record checks.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PRINCIPLES OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
RMCP is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. RMCP prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, disability, military/veteran status, sexual orientation (including transgender status), genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. RMCP is committed to making employment decisions based on valid job-related requirements.
APPLY ONLINE ONLY.
Please do not phone or send application materials by U.S. Mail.